Friday, May 1, 2009






So its been a very busy month or so. School started on the 6Th of April and I feel like I haven't stopped yet. Although I sneak in study time at the beach whenever I can. I can't believe that I already have midterms in school next week. I have been doing well in my classes so far. Biochem has been a challenge but with lots of work I am getting it. I totally love my professors. Most of them should be stand up comedians. I got to see my first cadaver this week, it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

I was fortunate enough to make it home for the annual Easter egg dying party which was a blast. As always there was a ton of great creative juices flowing along with the margaritas. On Easter Mom, Dad, Kevin and myself went to church and then joined the party at Club Pesce II. They were all decked out in there Easter bonnets and even had an egg hunt in the yard for the kids. It was a great trip home but it went very fast and once I got back to Florida it was really time to apply myself.





Last weekend Kevin came out for a quick visit. It was the first time that I really got to go out and experience all that my new home has to offer. On Saturday morning we went to see the sunrise on the beach and then grabbed some breakfast from a local dinner called Pops. After that we went downtown to the local farmers market that they have every Saturday. The market was very cute, small but diverse. They had flowers, fruits and veggies, organic hot sauces and salad dressings, organic granola, and much more. Then in the afternoon we to a local ECHO tour, it was a two hour boat ride around the intercoastal river. It was amazing. We saw so much of the local wildlife. I was disappointed that we didn't see any manatees, but the water is still a bit to cold for them. The area I'm in has 1/3 of the worlds population in manatees. There were tons of dolphins though and we got to see hundreds of pelican, osprey, and other local birds. After the boat trip we hit this cool little local bar that I've been dying to try. The Flagler Tavern is right on the main beach strip. It has a outside rustic deck that sits just above the strip so you can see all the comings and goings in town. The food there was great and they even has my favorite St. Johns ale on tap. On Sunday we hit the beach. The beach here is like nowhere I've ever been. I'm starting to get used to the idea of EVERYONE driving on the beach. You see every year make and model of car on the beach. My favorite so far is an old restored surf wagon that has Jersey plates. But there are also monster trucks, so high that people are sitting under the truck for shade. People do just about everything on the beach there, from fishing to kayaking, to fling kites, surfing, kite surfing (way cool), bike riding, and just about anything else. You even get to sit in traffic on the beach (lol) I'm not even kidding.
Ok well I'm goin to bed but I can't wait for some visitors. P.s. It's been in the 80's or 90's every day with a beautiful cool breeze and no humidity :)

2 comments:

  1. Ok so I just got the address to your blog from Aunt Lois! It's awesome... I LOVE your place! It seems like you have really settled in! You rock!!! :-D Love and miss you. ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about the dolphins when you went kyackin with Kevin...that is sooo kewl. Hang in there w/ finals...it's "the final countdown" said best by Jon Bon Jovi.. yous a Jersey girl still!!!

    ReplyDelete